About the project
The British Veterinary Association (BVA), the representative body for the veterinary profession, and the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (RCVS), which sets, upholds and advances veterinary standards, have joined forces to consider the issues that will face the veterinary team in the future.
Through a programme of research, engagement with the profession and the public, and a consideration of strategic issues that have affected the profession overseas and other comparable sectors, we aim to develop an action plan that will help deliver the best for animal health and welfare, the public and the profession.
The project was launched at the BVA Congress at the London Vet Show on 20 November 2014, and a report was published at the next year’s event on 20 November 2015.
We have now set up various working groups to deliver these actions. Oversight is carried out by the Vet Futures Project Board, which includes the Presidents, Vice-Presidents, CEOs and communications directors of both RCVS and BVA.
Have you been inspired?
Are you working on an initiative that supports the ambitions of Vet Futures? We are keen to recognise activity that has been inspired by Vet Futures, and have a logo that we can provide for you to use to show your alignment with our aims.
Our Project Board will consider applications on a case by case basis, but in general terms, the proposed activity must:
• Have a clear and demonstrable link to one of the six ambitions in the Vet Futures Report, published in November 2015
• Not cause confusion with any existing activity powered by Vet Futures, or run by RCVS or BVA outside of Vet Futures
• Be provided for the benefit of the veterinary profession(s)
• Have animal health and welfare at its heart
• Be prepared to account for its progress and impact on an annual basis in order to continue to use the Vet Futures branding
If you would like to use the ‘inspired by’ logo, please contact Lizzie Lockett at the RCVS on email@example.com or Sally Burnell at the BVA at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide a synopsis which includes a summary of the activity and how it helps to further the aims of Vet Futures, proposed target audience, likely duration and funding model.
To contact the VetFutures project team directly please use the contact form below.