VN Futures aims to help the veterinary nursing profession to understand the challenges it is likely to face over the coming years and how best to respond to them to ensure a vibrant and sustainable profession.
For the project to be a success members of the veterinary nursing team, and those involved in the education, training, regulation and employment of nurses met to discuss priorities, hopes and ambitions for the profession.
Since the launch of the VN Futures Report and Action Plan in September 2016, the VN Futures Action Group has created a number of working groups focusing on a number of ambitions and creating specific actions to ensure their completion over the next five years. The ambitions of VN Futures are as follows;
- Creating a sustainable workforce
- Structured and rewarding career paths
- Confident, resilient, healthy and well-supported workforce
- Proactive role in One Health
- Maximising nurses’ potential
- A clarified and bolstered VN role via reformed Schedule 3
We will be holding many events around the UK so keep an eye on the events page for more details.